Meatloaf Muffins: Mini Meat Cakes
Nutrient-dense Nourishment for the Mind and Body
These Meatloaf Muffins are paleo, keto, 21 day sugar fix and 21 day sugar detox friendly, and kid friendly!
Saturdays with the Skeeters Strength crew are for basketball, movies, games, puzzles, and meals together. Do you ever get tired of the same old meal rotation? That is EXACTLY how I felt this past weekend. I wanted something different and healthy without having to spend too much time in the kitchen away from mindful moments with my husband, our son, and our two dogs.
Enter on the scene: Meatloaf Muffins or Mini Meat Cakes as we like to call ’em! Meatloaf is a delicious winter meal, though it takes a looooong time to cook in the oven. These Meatloaf Muffins require only 10 minutes prep time and 35 minutes cook time– that way you can enjoy that movie or game without too much time away from your family.
Meatloaf Muffin Tips: Mix all of the ingredients together with your hands so you can ensure that the eggs is well blended with the meat and seasonings– my grandmother and mother would make meatballs and meatloaf this way when I was growing up and I have always enjoyed emulating this method. Measuring out each muffin to 1/3 cup will ensure that these meat cakes cook thoroughly and evenly. Be sure to drizzle BBQ sauce on top before putting them in the oven. (I used Steve’s PaleoGoods, PaleoChef Peach BBQ Sauce and True Made Foods, Ketchup Squeeze for a healthier spin to this traditional dish, though you can substitute with your favorite BBQ or ketchup brands. Before putting these in the oven, be sure to put a pan underneath the oven tray. Enjoy!
Mini Meat Cakes
These are incredibly moist! Place a pan under the muffin tray before putting them in the oven to prevent bubbling over into the bottom of the oven. Enjoy!
- 3 lbs. Ground Turkey
- 3 cage free brown eggs
- Ketchup (we used paleo ketchup)
- BBQ Sauce (Bone Suckin’ Sauce or Paleo Peach BBQ)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Granules (sub. garlic powder)
- 1/2 tsp. Basil
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tray with nonstick spray OR grease with olive oil or coconut oil
- Place all ingredients (NOT BBQ sauce) in a large mixing bowl
- Mix thoroughly (best to use your hands)
- Put about 1/3 cups of meat into each muffin tin
- Drizzle BBQ sauce on each cake
- Place the muffin tray on top of a sheet pan in the event that the cakes bubble over
- Put in the oven on the middle rack for 15 minutes
- Turn the muffin pan after 15 minutes
- At 30 minutes, insert knife into center of muffin to ensure cooked
- Makes 14-16 meat cakes
Mini Meat Cakes
Serves: 7-8 People
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4||6.2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 0||0|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Skeeters Strength Mindset Coaching System
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!